Saturday, August 2, 2014

Austen in August

The view from my window

I've been blogging for a bit more than six months, and I've so enjoyed meeting many other rabid readers and sharing my thoughts about books. This month I'm taking a break for some vacation travel and to get some other tasks done, so I'll be posting more infrequently than usual.

However, I'm still participating in Austen in August, hosted by Lost Generation Reader -- look for my guest post on illustrated editions on August 12. I'm currently enjoying the biography The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things and plan to review it some time this month, along with another book or two.

Other than that, I'll be back after Labor Day! Happy reading to all.

Updates:

My review of The Real Jane Austen is here.
Guest post at Lost Generation Reader.
A review of The History of England.
A post about Mrs Hurst Dancing, an unusual reproduction of sketchbooks from the Regency era.

8 comments:

  1. I didn't put a biography on my list, just because I wasn't sure whether I would be able to get through it! I'm also traveling this month but I hope that I manage to sort of keep posting during the week I'm gone! You have got an amazing view from your window, it is gorgeous! Hop by my #AusteninAugust Masterpost if you have the time :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a full slate of other books to read though! Another year you might want to put A Life in Small Things on your list, it's quite interesting. I look forward to your other posts this month.

      Delete
  2. I participated in Austen in August last year and it was a lot of fun! Hope you have an equally enjoyable August this year. Happy traveling...and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What better way to spend the end of summer? I'm sure it will be lovely.

      Delete
  3. I am so sad that I can't fit Austen in August in. I have too many unfinished books that I need to concentrate on finishing before I lose my mind! ;-)

    Oh my goodness, the view from your window is awesome! Just gorgeous!! Do you live in the country? I've been thinking of moving somewhere smaller --- our town is nice but just outside of it is city and too busy for me.

    I'm on vacation now too and enjoying it immensely. And best of all I'm getting time to read. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing vacation too!

    Happy reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm being very unambitious this year so I know it's not more than I can manage. Some people's reading lists are quite impressive.

      I live in the Mondadnock region of southern New Hampshire, and it is very beautiful. We moved here last year from the suburbs of New York and love it.

      May your vacation reading be most fulfilling and fruitful!

      Delete
  4. I've heard The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things is very good--looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That view is breathtaking! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...